One of the guiding principles of the implementation of the Disability Discrimination Act is that disabled people should be involved in the development & testing of services. We seek the views of disabled users on the quality of our website through feedback, consultation & research with disabled customer groups.
Bus to School involves, & will continue to involve, all appropriate stakeholders, including those with disabilities, in the development & testing of new services & informational content.
New Content, Services & Applications
Bus to School strives to ensure that all new website content, services & applications meet the requirements of the DDA & adhere to the W3C WCAG 1.0 AA accessibility standards. We are achieving this accessibility standard by:
- Performing pre & post publication checks against all html pages as part of the day to day publishing process
- Validating all new templates or revisions to templates against AA accessibility standards before being implemented to the live website. Including specific accessibility checks as part of the development checkpoints that Bus to School Online services must go through before publication to the website.
- By ensuring that new web content is clearly presented & written in a way that is easy to understand & follow.
Legacy content, services & applications
We are identifying & implementing accessibility improvements on a priority basis & we are improving the accessibility of legacy content, services & applications by:
- Regularly reviewing our online content, services & applications & where possible improving accessibility levels by adding accessibility features.
- Regularly testing our site for accessibility. Live content & services on the Bus to School website are tested as part of business as usual by Bus to School
- Co-ordinating accessibility improvements through an accessibility steering group that includes representatives from across the Bus to School website team
Bus to School would welcome any comments & feedback regarding this Statement of Accessibility.
If you have any comments or have any suggestions of ways we can improve our services please feel free to post your comments through Online Feedback or by contacting Bus to School at firstname.lastname@example.org